Wednesday, August 5, 2009

WBEZ Member Card Locations


View WBEZ Member Card Locations in a larger map
I'll admit it, I'm one of those iPhone toting, post-college 20-somethings who, after living in Chicago for 6 years, still doesn't know his way around the city. So when I bumped up my Chicago Public Radio pledge amount and got a Member Card, I was pretty lost navigating the guide by neighborhood.

Contrary to the message of Apple's ads, there is not "an app for that." Not being a programmer myself, I decided to take my best shot making my own map using free online tools (thanks Google, and jEdit). Not incredibly easy to use with an iPhone (place markers don't integrate with Maps app), but it works. Let me know if you find any errors or missing locations.



P.S. If you just got your member card like me, check out Joy Yee Noodle, it's GREAT! (deals only at Evanston and Chicago locations)

P.P.S. If you want to make your own, I suggest copying data into a spreadsheet, making a template of the KML code in Word, using document merge, and checking for errors in jEdit.

No comments:

Post a Comment